Repair Your Past
We work with the credit bureaus and your creditors to challenge the negative report items that affect your credit score. We’ll ensure your credit history is up-to-date, accurate, and reflects you honestly.
If you have had problems with your credit history, you may want to try and get your credit repaired with the help of a credit repair service. The service would work to get your credit history cleared and try to get delinquencies, excessive debts and charge offs removed from your credit history report.
Credit repair services can improve your credit enough for you to get lower interest rates which all by itself would save you thousands of dollars on the loan. If you are thinking of making a significant purchase like buying a home or car, it is extremely important that you ensure your credit rating is at its best since that would help you get best rates and terms.
There are many credit repair services available which would help you fix your credit history and ratings problem. A credit repair service would look over your credit report and find errors which they can, then, dispute. While some of these credit repair companies make false claims or mislead their clients into illegal activities, there are also many reputable companies which work legitimately and excellently to help you improve your credit and can make a huge difference to your credit rating.
Before you select a company you want to work with you can check their customer reviews with the Better Business Bureau or other such agencies. You may also want to check the prices of different companies and the services they provide relative to these prices and whether or not they meet your needs.
How do Credit Repair Companies Work?
You should know that there is really no magical way to suddenly correct the credit ratings. It takes time and planning as well some effort. However, it can be done. This is exactly what a legitimate company should tell you. The agencies which have been around for a while and operate within legal limits know how to handle legal matters; they also know how to find loopholes and what would be the best approach to the solution of your credit rating woes.
Some of the steps which can be taken to fix bad credit:
- Dispute any error you find in credit report.
- If the disputed item is verified, get the verification report and call credit bureau to confirm how they verified the item. If they used a method not approved by law, you can dispute it further.
- Call the original creditor and ask them for a copy of your record and if they don’t have it, you can raise a dispute here too.
- If the records are provided to you, you can check them for inaccuracies. If it is proven that the negative entry to your credit is an error you can call credit bureau and call for yet another dispute.
- Moreover, if the error item is more than 7 years old and hasn’t been corrected since, you can be entitled to 1000 dollars in damages quite apart from the legal expenses.
You can hire the assistance of a credit repair service to help you follow these steps as well as find other ways through which you can correct your bad credit.